Future students should take a look at the Scholarships and Tuition information.
Current undergraduate students have several options available through York's Student and Financial Services.
Upper-year undergraduate students interested in research should also learn about funded research opportunities.
Our department also offers a variety of awards for undergraduate students. Some awards (shown with [$]) come with a monetary prize, funded through an endowment. The amount therefore varies from year to year, but in recent years, the money awarded has been about $800-$2000. There is no application procedure for the awards listed below. The recipients are chosen by the Department on merit. For other possible awards see award search.
- Ray and Joe Abramson Award: for an entering student with extracurricular involvement in a math-related club or activity; or an outstanding first year student. This award is a bursary.
- George & Frances Denzel Award for Excellence in Statistics [$]: to a 4th year or graduate level student in statistics, who is judged to be academically deserving. This award is a bursary.
- Linda Herskowitz Award [$]: to an undergraduate student, majoring in Mathematics and/or Statistics, who has a minimum cumulative grade point average of B with community service. Preference will be given to a female student. This award is a bursary.
- Abe Karrass/Donald Solitar Mathematics Award [$]: for an outstanding student majoring in Mathematics with plans to teach mathematics. Note: the recipient need not be in a math education program. This award is a bursary.
- Irvine R. Pounder Award: to the student judged to be the best in each year level.
- Moshe Shimrat Prize [$]: for demonstrated ability in mathematical problem-solving.
- Alice Turner Award [$]: to outstanding Mathematics students who are third-year and fourth-year degree candidates.
- George R. & Mary L. Wallace Award [$]: to an outstanding student in the Actuarial Science, Operation Research and Applied Mathematics.
- Emerson Vincent Sauder Award [$]: to an outstanding undergraduate student majoring in mathematics or statistics.
Congratulations to all past award winners!