Future students should take a look at the Scholarships and Tuition information.
Current undergraduate students have several options available through York's Student and Financial Services:
Upper-year undergraduate students interested in research should also learn about funded research opportunities.
Our department also offers a variety of awards for undergraduate students. Some awards (shown with [$]) come with a monetary prize, funded through an endowment. The amount therefore varies from year to year, but in recent years, the money awarded has been about $800-$2000. For exact eligibility criteria and the application process please do an award search for the name of the award. Congratulations to all past award winners!
- Ray and Joe Abramson Award: for an entering student with extracurricular involvement in a math-related club or activity.
- George & Frances Denzel Award for Excellence in Statistics [$]: to a 4th year or graduate level student in statistics, who is judged to be academically deserving.
- Linda Herskowitz Award [$]: to an undergraduate student, majoring in Mathematics and/or Statistics, who has a minimum cumulative grade point average of B and who demonstrates financial need. Preference will be given to a female student.
- Abe Karrass/Donald Solitar Mathematics Award [$]: for an outstanding student majoring in Mathematics with an interest in Mathematics Education.
- Irvine R. Pounder Award: to the student judged to be the best in each year level.
- Moshe Shimrat Prize: for demonstrated ability in mathematical problem-solving.
- Alice Turner Award [$]: to outstanding Mathematics students who are third-year and fourth-year degree candidates.
- George R. & Mary L. Wallace Award [$]: to an outstanding student in the Mathematics for Commerce program or Applied Mathematics Honours program.