Welcome to York University's Math Kangaroo Wesbite! Since 2016, the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at York University has hosted the Math Kangaroo Contest, which is held in March of every year. This contest encourages the fun and creativity behind mathematics at an early age. Stay tuned for updates by visiting this site often.
Complementing the Kangaroo Math contest, we will have learning sessions leading up to the date of the contest in March. These learning sessions are an opportunity to expose and inspire young minds to the ingenuity, logic, and beauty behind mathematics in a dynamic and carefree learning environment. Anyone who plans on writing the contest in March at York University are welcome to register for these sessions; however, there is no requirement to register for the contest in order to attend our learning sessions. Parents are not expected to attend the learning sessions with their children. There is NO fee associated to the learning sessions. Learning sessions will be divided by age group.
Timeline for 2018 learning sessions*:
- July 2017: online registration opened
- November 9, 2017: online registration closed. For those who registered, further details will be sent to you soon.
- November 14, 2017: those who registered for the learning sessions were contacted via email.
- First learning session: January 20, 2018 at 1:00pm to 2:30pm (between 1:00pm to 1:30pm Professor Chan will make some opening remarks) in ROSS SOUTH Room 525.
- Second learning session: January 27, 2018 at 1:30pm to 2:30pm; location to be announced.*
- Third learning session: February 3, 2018 at 1:30pm to 2:30pm; location to be announced.*
- Fourth learning session: February 10, 2018 at 1:30pm to 2:30pm; location to be announced.*
- Fifth learning session: February 17, 2018 at 1:30pm to 2:30pm; location to be announced.*
- Sixth learning session: February 24, 2018 at 1:30pm to 2:30pm; location to be announced.*
- Seventh learning session: March 3, 2018 at 1:30pm to 2:30pm; location to be announced.*
- Last learning session: March 10, 2018 at 1:30pm to 2:30pm; location to be announced.*
- Math Kangaroo Contest: March 18, 2018, location and time to be announced*
* All learning sessions will be held at York University (Keele Campus). Specific room numbers, will be announced on this webpage later. Information about parking at York University can be found here. For directions, see York University's Campus Map
See pictures of our previous Math Kangaroos, and read a story about our first time hosting the Math Kangaroo Contest. Previous copies of contests, as well as many answers to your questions can be found at the Canadian Math Kangaroo Contest Website. For further inquiries, write to cmkc(at)yorku(dot)ca. Please anticipate about five business days for a reply.
We are looking for sponsors! If you know of a company or individuals interested in sponsoring our learning sessions, please write to us at the email address above.
Last updated: November 22, 2017.